Positive and Negative Effects of Social Media Essay
638 WordsJun 29th, 20123 Pages
Social media is any website that allows social interaction. Social media is growing rapidly throughout the world. More adults and teenagers are joining sites such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter to interact with friends, family, and strangers. The introduction of social media has changed the world in many ways. It affects each individual in different ways. Today it can be used as a very helpful tool in changing a person’s life, but at the same time cause such conflicts which can negatively impact a person. While there are some negatives associated with social media, the positives in communication all around, has made the world stronger and a better place to live in. Social media has many positive effects on the society. The…show more content…
Recent article even states that, “Facebook can also have a positive impact on young adults’ lives by helping them be more empathetic” (Turgeon). Despite the positives, there are many negatives associated with social media. Using social media can make a person more vulnerable to predators and cyber bullying. In this age, “Cyber bulling is quite common, can occur to any young person online, and can cause profound psychosocial outcomes including depression, anxiety, severe isolation, and tragically suicide” (“American Academy of Pediatrics”). Cyber bullying impacts society in a negative way because it is harming young teenagers’ minds. Bullies, torment, threat, harass, and even embarrass their victims by using different forms of social media. Using social media can also decrease privacy for an individual. People often give out their personal information not knowing who can see it. To average internet users, “A false sense of security may leave social networking site users vulnerable to security attacks such as hacking, leaking sensitive information, and sending viruses” (“ProCon”). Furthermore, Social media can also lead to brain disorders and can cause people to have a hard time interacting with people face to face. “Social networking entices people to spend more time online and less time talking to a person face to face.” (“ProCon”) The abundance of technology and social media today has led to many positives and negatives in our society. The
Fifteen Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics On Social Media
Since the advent of social media there has been so much going on in the world with respect to the ease with which people are able to interact with one another so freely. Over the years we have also come to witness a lot of incredible things that have happened, easy solutions to problems as a result of social media. With that in mind therefore the following are some topics suggested by Ewriting service that you can choose when you are writing an argumentative essay on social media:
- Discuss the importance of social media.
- Explain how social media has been influential in business.
- Discuss how social media has helped in creating world peace.
- Explain the concept of cyberbullying with respect to social media.
- Provide an analysis of some of the challenges that social media poses to the society.
- Over the years social media has become more welcome in schools. discuss citing benefits and disadvantages.
- Explain how social media has helped in the spread of radicalization.
- There are a lot of world leaders that hold social media accounts. Discuss whether this is a good or a bad idea.
- The government will always have mechanisms in place to monitor the events that go on in the social circle. Discuss whether these are an infringement of the privacy of users on social media or not.
- To what extent should social media be tolerated in the workplace?
- There are institutions of work that ban the employees from using social media at work, or getting access to any of the websites or applications that operate these services. Discuss the impact of such rules on productivity.
- Assuming that you are a business person, discuss how you would get on the social media bandwagon and use this to help your business succeed.
- Discuss the effectiveness of using social media advocates to help improve the overall appeal of your brand.
- Celebrity endorsements on social media are always seen as a good way to boost business appeal to a particular clientele. Explain how this can in most cases end up being misleading to the clients.
- Discuss some ethical considerations that fly out of the window when you are thinking about setting up an account on social media.
These are some of the easiest topics that you can choose to write a paper on.
Looking for help with essay? Order essay online from experienced essay writing service.