July 18, 2016
Chettinad Hari Shree Vidyalayam hosted the Albert Barrow Memorial All India Creative Writing competition, on behalf of the Council. Students from schools across Tamil Nadu participated in Category I of this event, which was for classes XI and XII. The topics given on the spot by the Council were as follows:
- Social Media has shaped my views and opinions.
- What is life without WhatsApp?
- Cyber Bullying- the new menace
- Social Media- Our conscience keeper
Ms. Praveena Chandrasekaran, a freelance writer and educationist, was the examiner. The air of suspense still hangs on as the winners are yet to be announced by the Council.
- As reported by Krithy Kumar and Samyuktha Sreekanth
The Scottish Zeitgeist is launched please click below
- Inter-School Problem Solving Competition
We are proud to announce that our students were winners in Grou p 1 and Group 2 at the Smt. Mukta Kotnis Memorial Inter-School Problem Solving Competition held on 26th February 2018:
Group 1 (Stds. 5 to 7)
Aarya Jain [7D]
Pramiti Sriram [7B]
Group 2 (Stds. 8 to 10)
Kevin Suvarna [9B]
Hiba Hasan [9A]
- Hindustan Times Scholarship [2017-2018]
We are proud to announce that four of our students have won the Hindustan Times Scholarship Programme. The presentation ceremony was held on Friday, 22nd February 2018. Each of them have been awarded a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-
Tanya Deshmukh [5D]
Jai Bellare [6D]
Arshia Vora [8E]
Sivaranjani Viswanathan [9C]
Sivranjani Viswanathan [9C] has also been awarded the 'Creative Entry Award' at the All India Art Contest conducted by Sanskriti Arts.
Keneisha Bijlani [3F] has been awarded a Gold medal for her painting at the 19th International Child Art Exhibition
Shairra Khanna [3C] has been awarded Distinction in Kathak Level 2 Examination conducted by Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh
- At the INTACH FILMIT Film Screening Competition Shaunak Sawant [9E] and Ravish Mungee [9B] won Best Directors Award for their short film "Panwala"
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim received a trophy for our association with the project for the last six years
- Junior Red Cross
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim has been awarded a Merit Certificate and Trophy by Junior Red Cross, for supporting their Book Distribution Drive 2017-2018.
We acknowledge with pride our student Hardik Khattar [10D] who has worked since 2015 with UMMEED (an NGO catering to disabilities in children) He participated in the fund-raising UMMEED annual walkathon, raising donations from donors in his neighbourhood and through social media all of which amounted to over R3 lakhs. We applaud his efforts and humane spirit Anahita Gupta [4B] and Lavanya Gupta [6C] have been declared official Junior Robin Reporters with two of their poems each being published on the Robin Age Wall of Fame 01.02.2018
- Report - Mindfulness in Education (NLE Conference) 2017-2018
Our teachers Ms. M. Fernandes and Ms. A. Jacob attended the Mindefulness in Education Conference, held at Hotel Sahara Star, Vile Parle East on 23rd and 24th January, 2018. The topics covered were 'Human Technologies, Mindfulness - 'A Handful of Quiet', 'Expanding Awareness - Linking Knowledge to Life in the Classroom' and 'Modern Parables - Change Stories to Change the World'.
The Conference was an eye-opener for our Teachers, who will be sharing ideas with their colleagues to pass on to the students in their classrooms, thus enabling the latter to become mindful citizens of tomorrow.
Deniese Pereira [9E] represented Maharashtra State in Football
- Class Act
Hiba Hasan [9A], Yuvvraaj Goel [9A], Kohana Kapoor [9B], Tista Bhattacharya [9F], Sahana Sinha [11A] and Shaan Bhatt [11A] were a part of 'Class Act' - a Creative Theatre collaboration between Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh's flagship education project and Rage Productions. Our students were mentored by professional Scottish and Indian playwrights to develop and write their own scripts for the stage. Following an in-depth workshop, the completed screenplays finished plays were performed by a professional company of actors on the iconic Prithvi Theatre stage. The plays written by our students were thought-provoking, entertaining and profound. We are proud of them!
- New York Film Academy Master Class
On the 14th of December 2017, a captivated audience of around 150 students from Stds. 9 and 11 were witness to an hour long Master Class conducted by Mr. William Tyler Smith of the New York Film Academy (NYFA), in the Gamaliel Hall.
Mr. Smith was recently named as one of the 'Fifteen Most Notable Art Professors' in New York City. This incredibly interactive and engaging session gave our students a glimpse into the world of Filmmaking and Film Directing - Visual and Dramatic Story-telling and the myriad elements that go into filmmaking.
Amruta Parulekar [10B] has been awarded 'Student of the Year 2016-2017' by the Times of India in recognition of her Outstanding Academic Performance in Std. 9.
Yash Muthalia [6B] stood 1st in the country at the All India Open Mathematics Scholarship Examination 2017 conducted by IPM (Institute for Promotion of Mathematics).
Students from Stds, 9 and 10 who have opted for French will be participating in Vignettes, an Inter-School French Festival to be hosted by J.B. Petit School on Saturday, 16th December 2017. They will be participating in various events like Spelling Bee, Creative Writing, Singing and Poster Making. We wish them 'Bonne Chance'!
1] Swara Patel [10C]
2] Bianka Wadia [10C]
3] Priyanka Mehta [10C]
4] Eeshta Bhatt [10C]
5] Juhi Punjabi [10C]
6] Kaiomi Jesia [10C]
7] Freya Bulsara [10C]
8] Shivangi Varma [9C]
They will be accompanied by their French Teacher Mrs. Mody.
Soumil Rathi [4F] is a winning participant in the 'A Book I Wrote' competition to celebrate Children's Day. His poem titled a "A Land Of Imagination" has been selected to be included in an anthology that will be published shortly.
- Education Leader's Conclave: On 11th November 2017 the Co-ordinators of our School attended a seminar conducted by Macmillan Education at Kohinoor Continental, Andheri. Two expert psychiatrists from Fortis - Dr. Kedar Tilwe and Dr. Parul Tank spoke about the need for early identification, evaluation and intervention of psychological difficulties faced by school children. The Conclave also emphasized the need for life-skills in education and how this can be inculcated in the ICSE curriculum. Ms. Mallika Sen, one of the key speakers at the Conclave, stressed the need to adopt a progressive, innovative and creative educational approach to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our Co-ordinators found the session engaging and informative.
We are extremely proud of our students Saachi Khandeparkar [5F] and Zidaan Mulchandani [5D] who had the honour of performing for Queen Mathilde and King Phillipe of Belgium at a concert at the Mehli Mehta Music Foundation on 10th November 2017.
They performed the piece 'Emperor Waltz' by John Strauss. Saachi performed on the violin and Zidaan on the piano.
- DAIMUN 2017:
A contingent of ten students from our School participated in the DAIMUN Conference 2017 held at Dhirubhai Ambani School from 12th to 15th October 2017.
The following students won laurels at the event:
1] Swara Patel [10C] was declared the 'Best Delegate'.
2] Ishaan Goel [9B] won the 'Outstanding Delegate' honour
3] Arjun Virani [10B] was awarded 'Honourable Mention'
4] Dhruv Arya [9C] and Ravish Mungee [9B] won 'Verbal Mention'
A seminar on "Finding Ecstasy in Learning" was organized by the Karadi Path Education Company on 10th November, 2017 at The Orchid Hotel, Vile Parle East. Our Co-ordinator Ms. S. D'souza attended this workshop.
Dr. Sriram Parasuram, a leading musician sang different ragas and showed how important the auditory sense is in the learning process, especially with Math and Languages.
An informative and interactive panel discussion followed where principals of different institutions shared their experience on how to make classroom learning a joyful experience for both the child and teacher. It included creating a stress-free atmosphere in the classroom and learning through stories, activity and music.
The closing remarks were given by Mr. C.P. Vishwanath the CEO of Karadi Path Education Company, who narrated a story in Tamil with such expression and animation that even the non-Tamil speaking members of the audience understood and enjoyed it.
- Visit to Yash Raj Film Studio:
On Saturday 4th November, 31 students from standards 9-12 visited Yash Raj Film Studios at Andheri. They were given a tour of the studio and visited sites where iconic Bollywood scenes were shot, and the sound editing and special-effects sections of the Studio. Our very own ex-student, Aditya Chopra (batch of 1987), one of the biggest director-producers in Bollywood had an interactive session with our budding filmmakers. He answered a range of questions on the Indian film industry and the different aspects related to being a part of it. It was a unique and enriching experience for the students.
- MOBAI GAOTHAN PANCHAYAT COMPETITION
The 'variety' our city of Mumbai has to offer is unfathomable even as its history dates back to the 17th century. Bearing this in mind 62 students of Stds. 7 and 8 participated in the My Mumbai - Mobai Gaothan Panchayat Competition by the East Indian Community. It entailed Essay Writing and Drawing or Collage on the rich historical past of Mumbai.
- Ms. Anuradha Uppal, our Special Educator, participated in the National Conclave on Specific Learning Disability (Dyslexia) held between 26th and 28th October 2017 at St. Joseph's High School, Wadala, Mumbai
The participants were trained in using the DALI Screening Tool developed by National Brain Research Centre. The programme covered Screening Assessment and Diagnosis of Specific Learning Disabilities as well as best practices in intervention.
- We are very proud of our student, Alaiha Vanjara [8D] who displayed maturity, sensitivity and initiative beyond her years. When Alaiha came to know that a small child was suffering from a rare type of cancer and that his parents could not afford the treatment, she decided to donate her pocket money of Rs.10,000 to the SRCC Children's Hospital for his treatment. Her contribution didn't stop here. She managed to collect over Rs.1,00,000 from friends, family and acquaintances and donated the same to the hospital. She was felicitated by the hospital for her efforts and her story was covered by local newspapers. Alaiha plans to continue working for similar causes and has started a blog for the same.
- Scottish Adventures during Diwali Vacations
Travel is a form of learning through experience. The Adventure Club is off to Spain and France from 14th to 22nd October 2017.The UNESCO Club will be touring Jaipur and Ranthambore from 14th - 17th October 2017 and the Dabchick Nature Club will be travelling to Aurangabad from 22nd to 24th October 2017. We look forward to hearing about their experiences.
- Workshop on Empowering Self: Social Media and Responsible Decision Making
A workshop was held for the students of Stds. 7 to 10 by counseling psychologists, Ms. Tanvi Sardesai and Ms Rithika Krishnan, from Fortis Hospital, on the appropriate and judicious use of social media. The resource persons highlighted the harmful effects of overuse of social media and advised students to make choices that are not detrimental to their well-being. The students were also informed about a 24x7 stress help line - 8376804102, run by Fortis.
Our students won the following awards at Brainwaves organized by Bombay YMCA on 16th September 2017.
Purav Doshi [8E] - 1st in Hindi Elocution
Ahana Louzada [7C] - 1st in English Essay Writing
Riva Mayekar [8D] - 1st in English Essay Writing
Aashna Thomas [7B] - 2nd in English Short Story Writing
Maitreyi Baji [7D] - 2nd in Marathi Short Story Writing
Aditya Nagarsekar [7E] - 2nd in Poster Painting
Shrishti Santhosh [7C] - 2nd in English Elocution
Lavanya Gupta [6C] represented our School at the Hindi Elocution Competition at Jamnabai Narsee School, Juhu to celebrate Hindi Divas and was declared the Best Speaker [Girls]
- SMUN Powai
SMUN Powai was held on 31st August and 1st September 2017. 46 students from Stds. 8 to 10 represented Bombay Scottish School, Mahim and won the following laurels:
Dhruv Arya [9C]
Swara Patel [10C]
Vedant Vishwanath [9C]
Arjun Virani [10B]
Tanmay Arvind [8B]
Aman Zaveri [9A]
Ravish Mungee [9B]
Rishi Ahuja [9B]
Saloni Shah [9F]
Dhrutvan Joshi [10D]
Pragya Gupta [8A]
Nivan Sadh [9A]
Amey Agarwal [9B]
Saahil Mehta [9B]
Manav Dharnidharka [9C]
Hardik Khattar [10D]
Oishi Poddar [10F]
Rrushika Kadam [10C]
- AISM Inter-School Creative Writing Festival 2017
Our students Kohana Kapoor [9B] and Sonam Myatra [10F] participated in the above Festival held on 9th September 2017 at St. John's Universal School, Goregaon. Results awaited.
- Workshop on Self-Development
On 6th September 2017 an informative and interactive workshop on self-development was conducted by Mr. Animesh Gupta of Limitless Eq.com for the teachers of the ISC section. It was an enriching experience for all.
- Workshop on 3D Printing was conducted in our School by Ms. Shambhavi Tripathi and Mr. Arjun Panchal on 28th and 29th August 2017 for interested students of Stds. 5-9. The students designed simple objects in 3D modeling software and printed those objects using a 3D printer. The resource persons also explained the basic working of a 3D printer. It was a fun-filled session which helped our students visualize and create 3D designs. They received the completion certificate from TEC and FORGE.
- Cathedral MUN 2017
A contingent of 9 delegates from our School participated in the Cathedral MUN Conference 2017 held at The Trident, Nariman Point from 17th to 20th August 2017. The delegates debated in multifarious committees such as the Roman Senate 49 BC and the Committee on Management of Extra Terrestrial Affairs (COMET) 2021.
Ojas Tripathi [11B] won Honourable mention in COMET.
- Bandra Gymkhana Inter-School English Elocution Competition 2017 was held on 24th August 2017. The following students made the School proud by winning awards in various categories:
- Below 8 age group:
Sharayah Bernard [2D] 1st place in Open Girls Category
Kean Pais [2B] 1st place in the Members Boys category
Ayden D'Souza [2E] 2nd place in the Open Boys category
Jeremy D'Silva [2B] 3rd place in the East Indian Boys category
Purav Nanda [2E] 3rd place in the Members Boys category
12-15 years age group:
Cherise Gomes [7C] 1st place in the Members Girls category
Paul D'Souza [10F] 1st place in the East Indian category
Jaiden D'Souza [9B] 2nd place in the Members Boys category
Reeva Nanda [8C] 3rd place in the Members Girls category
Rommulus Lewis [9F] 3rd place in the Open Boys category
Denver Lobo [10F] 3rd place in the Members Boys category
Our Choral Recitation team stood 3rd.
Yuvvraaj Goel [9A]
Jaiden D'Souza [9B]
Kohana Kapoor [9B]
Saanya Madhuk [9C]
Ananya Pritam [9D]
Archit Meher [9E]
Tista Bhattacharya [9F]
Rommulus Lewis [9F]
Neomi Jerry [10A]
Nishant Mathew [10C]
Gourima Babbar [10D]
Mira Shah [10D]
Ariana Mistry [10D]
Aryana Biswas [10D]
Dhrutvan Joshi [10D]
Denver Lobo [10F]
Paul D'Souza [10F]
Sonam Myatra [10F]
Tanisha Shetty [10F]
Anushka Vemu [10F]
- Beach Cleaning:
To mark the 70th year of our Independence Day and upholding the Swachch Bharat mission, students of the ISC Section along with their Teachers Ms. S. Mukherjee, Mr. M. Mahamunkar and Ms. A. Telang, undertook a clean - up drive at Mahim bay, with the help of the Advance Locality Management team of Mahim Dargah Street, on Tuesday, 15th August 2017.
They cleared the sea shore of non-biodegradable waste, mainly plastics and other solids.. It was indeed a satisfying morning for our students. This will be an ongoing project for our students.
Please find the link below for photos of Beach Cleaning
- BSS University Fair 2017
The BSS University Fair 2017 was held on Saturday, 12th August 2017.
Fifteen top educational institutions from across India and four Consulates including Consulate General of Canada, British Council Division, Education New Zealand and U.S. Consulate General Education Outreach showcased higher education opportunities in India and overseas to our students, parents and teachers.
The response was overwhelming and parents were very appreciative of the initiative taken by the School.
- EVS Field Trip Report
On 5th of August 2017 the EVS students of Stds. 9 and 10 set off on their annual field trip. They visited the picturesque Usgaon dam to learn about rainwater harvesting. They trekked through the 'Mahalunge village' an ideal village, that was rehabilitated due to the construction of the Koyna dam. The village panchayat shared their experiences from starting with no water, road and electricity, the village has taken a path of self-development and today, it is setting an example to other villages around. The NGO - Vidhayak Sausad spoke about their contribution towards tribal upliftment. The students were apprised of the biogas plant and vermicomposting process and did the Herberium activity with enthusiasm. Truly, the EVS textbook came alive.
- Scottish takes U-16 Division II Football Trophy
On Saturday, 12th August 2017, our Boys Under-16 Team won the Division 2 Championship beating St. Pius 2-0. And have now regained their rightful place in the Elite Division 1. This is the second title this year for the Boys after winning the DSO Championship.
Meherzad Sukheswala [10C] and Ayaan Desai [10E] were the goal scorers.
Siddharth Manchandani [10E] (Captain)
Shaunit Doijode [10E] (Goal Keeper)
Joshua Jesuratnam [10B]
Krishay Nangia [10D]
Pranay Choudhary [10C]
Nathan Fernandes [9E]
Aryan Pache [9D]
Vivan Zarthoshtimanesh [9E]
Zerius Davar [10D]
Druv Vazirani [10E]
Uttkarsh Mishra [10B]
Neel Gude [10B]
Prithvi Raj Bhattacharya [9D]
Manraaj Malhotra [8B]
Dhruv Singh [9D]
Please find the link below for photos of CHAMPIONS
- Computer Science Cell Meeting
On Thursday, 10th August 2017 our School hosted the ISC Cell Meeting in Computer Science for the year 2017-2018. It was attended by teachers from various schools of Mumbai and Gujarat. The resource person for the same was Ms. Mayuri Bhatia from Smt. Sulochanadevi Singhania School, Thane. A detailed discussion of the syllabus and the pupil performance analysis for the ISC 2017 was conducted. It was a valuable experience for all the teachers.
- Lecture on Biomechatronics: From Roaches to Robos
On Thursday, 10th August 2017, our Principal Mrs. M. Paul and Ms. S. Mukherjee from the Science Department attended a seminar at ISDI India Bulls, Parel. Dr. Ravi Vaidyanathan, Senior Lecturer in Biomechatronics in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College, London conducted the seminar which focused on bio-mechatronics, involving biologically inspired robotic systems as well as bio-sensors for human augmentation and high performance tracking in clinical and defence (army/navy ) applications. It was an enriching experience as it also gave an insight into the insect world !
- UNESCO trip to Nashik
The UNESCO Club members of Stds. 7 to 9 went on an educational trip to Nashik on 5th and 6th August 2017. A visit to Mahindra's Igatpuri Plant helped the students to learn about their unique state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and also their eco-friendly practices to ensure sustainability through waste-water management and biogas generation. The students were also awe-struck at the Gargoti Mineral Museum which has an exclusive collection of Zeolite minerals. The trek to Pandavleni Caves built in the 3rd century BC, allowed them to see close-up Buddhist monasteries, shrines, water tanks, pillars and carvings. They also visited the Kalaram temple, the Ramkund water tank near the river Godavari and the Sita Gufaa in Panchavati. The students returned enriched by this glimpse of the cultural and natural heritage of our state of Maharashtra.
- Metro World Child School Programme
Students of Stds. 1 to 4 look forward to Mondays and Tuesdays as they are taken to the Gamaliel Hall for a fun-filled action packed programme conducted by Ms. Amanda Rahn and Mr. Akshay Calvin of Metro World Child.
Good values like staying connected to God, being obedient, helping others, never losing self-control are highlighted through songs, games and stories. This will be an on-going programme in the current academic year.
- Workshop on Aerodynamics
On Thursday, 27th July 2017, Mr. Ajit Kumar of Epoch Education Solution conducted an innovative and interactive workshop on Aerodynamics for Std. 11 (Science Section). He highlighted the factors affecting the flight of an aeroplane: its design, the friction offered by air upthrust and drag. The workshop was educational and enjoyable.
- Faculty Training Program on SCRATCH and APP INVENTOR by Google 2017
The above workshop was attended by our Computer Teachers Ms. Neelima Dikshit and Ms. Shweta Pradhan. The software tools developed by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) introduce coding especially for Middle School. The resource person Ms. Isha Sharma explained the uses of the above mentioned software tools which was followed by a practical session. She also spoke about contemporary coding techniques used to develop games and applications
- STEM Academy Training Programme
Two of our Middle School Physics and Mathematics Teachers - Ms. Bindu Rajakrishnan and Ms. Neha Khare attended the STEM Academy Training Workshop on 26th July 2017 at Bombay Scottish School, Powai. The workshop highlighted the importance of Project Based Learning in day-to-day teaching. The resource person Mr. Nathan Williams laid emphasis on the three A's: Authentic, Applicable and Actionable project-based learning to encourage critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills in students. Overall, it was an enriching and enjoyable experience for our teachers.
- Albert Barrow Memorial All-India Inter-School Creative Writing Competition 2017
Siddharth Sarda [12C] participated in Category 1, of this competition, hosted by Hiranandani Foundation School, Thane on Friday, 14th July 2017.
Salonee Kumar [10A] participated in Category 2, of the same competition, hosted by Pawar Public School, Chandivali on Friday, 14th July 2017.
Results are awaited.
Frank Anthony Memorial All-India Inter-School Debate Competition 2017
Reagan Rodrigues [12C] and Enaksh Srivastava [11C] participated in the above competition in Category 1, Stage 1, hosted by Jasudben M.L. School. The topic of the Debate was 'The Print Media is Losing Out'.
Category 2 Stage 1 of the same competition was hosted by Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School on 17th July 2017. Arjun Virani [10B] and Lakshya Dugar [10B] participated in this Debate.
The topic of the Debate was 'The eBook is Here to Stay'.
Lakshya Dugar won the 2nd Runner-Up Award.
Inter-House Chess Results
Please click below for the details
Gold Medalists at the 7th International English Olympiad
Please click below for the details
- PRIZE DAY NOTICE FOR THE ICSE & ISC 2017
Please click below for details
- Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship
We are proud to announce that from among tens of thousands of students who participated from across the country our student Lakshya Dugar [10B] the Regional Topper has emerged as the 2nd Runner-Up at the National Level. He will be felicitated at the National ICT Junior Championships Award Ceremony on Sunday, 25th June 2017. That day, the School too will receive an award for Outstanding Contribution to IT Skills - School Category.
- NOTICE FOR APPROVAL OF ONLINE ADMISSION FORM PART 1
Please click below for details
- Notice For ISCE 2017 to collect certificates
Please click below for details
- Students of ISC Std. 11 (2017-2018) to report with their parent tomorrow Wednesday 7th June 2017 at 9 a.m. in the Gamaliel Hall at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim.
- Notice For ISC 2017
Please click below for details
- Please click below for Std 11th online admission details.
- A special breakfast meeting and challenge has been organised for students from class 12. Details as given below in the attachment.
- Circular regarding Online Admission Booklet and Eligibility Forms for ICSE
- Circular of Revaluation for I.C.S.E. & I.S.C.Examinations 2017.
Our Special Educator,Ms. A. Uppal attended a workshop conducted by Masarrat Khan, CEO, Maharashtra Dyslexia Association on 22nd and 23rd April 2017 on teaching Mathematics the multi-sensory way.
- Robin Age Bright Sparks Award 2016-2017:
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim has been selected as a winner in the Robin Age Bright Sparks Award 2016-2017.
Group B (Stds. 3 to 5)
Abhinav Dangwal [5D] - 1st prize
Group C (Stds. 6 to 8)
Stuti Sharma [8C] - 1st prize
Tanmay Arvind [7C] - 2nd prize
Sakshi Umrotkar [7D] - 3rd prize
Aman Zaveri [8E] - 3rd prize
Group C (Stds. 6 to 8)
Milonee Mhatre [8E] - 1st prize
Group D (Stds. 9 & 10)
Veda Shetye [9B] - 3rd prize
News Report & Stories:
Group 3 (Stds. 3 to 5)
Abheek Choudhari [4F] - 1st prize
- Letter Writing Competition:
The following students have received awards for the best entries in the Letter Writing Competition on the theme "India's Diversity is our Strength". They received their awards from Mr. S.S. More, P.R.O. Mahim Head Post Office.
Anwesha Satpathy [7E] - 1st prize
Devansh Desai [ 7C] - 2nd prize
Riva Mayekar [7D] - 3rd prize
- Asset Examination:
The following students have scored the highest at the National level bench marking Asset Test of 2016.
Krishhey Thacker [4D] - Highest in English
Malvika Murkumbi [6C] - Highest in Mathematics
- Award Winning Performance:
At the 19th National Science Olympiad Examination Aryaa Rojekar [6C] secured the 1st position from among 42,800 students from over 1,400 cities in 25 countries.
Aryaa will be felicitated by SOF at an Awards Function on Sunday, 4th June 2017 in Delhi where she will be awarded a Gold Medal, Merit Certificate and a cash prize of R25,000.
- Scottish U-8 Team are the MSSA Title Winners:
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim clinched the U-8 Division 1 title and the coveted Ghanshyamdas Saraf Trophy at the MSSA Inter-School Football tournament after beating Cathedral & John Connon School (2-0). They were also awarded the MSSA-MI Mumbai City FC Grassroots Football League 2016-2017 trophy. Well done boys!
Reuben Thomas [2D]
Krishay Shreeram [2C]
Yashvir Shah [2A]
Rishon Nayyar [2C]
Yash Kapadia [2D]
Anmol Kampani [2C]
Siddhant Bhansali [2E]
Ali Balwa [2B]
Raghav Kanodia [2A]
- United Schools Organisation of India:
Kumar Abhyuday [7A] has secured 91% marks, placing him 3rd in the country in the General Knowledge Supplementary Test held on 28th January 2017.
- Results of the Science Olympiad Foundation Examination:
The following students have been awarded Medals of Excellence for their brilliant performance:
- 7th International English Olympiad
Josh Varghese [5B]
Anya Pinto [5C]
Adhish Kancharla [5E]
Shreyasi Poddar [5E]
Arianna Thomas [5F]
Malvika Murkumbi [6C]
- 10th International Mathematics Olympiad 2016-2017
Neev T.H.M. [3B]
Roye Ganju [4A]
Yash Muthalia [5A]
Aryan Bawari [5E]
Aryaa Rojekar [6C]
- 16th National Cyber Olympiad [Level 1]
Aarav Malani [4D]
- 19th International Science Olympiad [Level 1]
Aryaa Rojekar [6C]
Jai Bellare [5D]
Aryan Bawari [5E]
Shikhar Sehgal [5E]
- Kudos to our Transport System
On 7th February 2017 under the aegis of the Eicher Group and The School Bus and Company Owners Association, The Bombay Scottish School Transport System was appreciated and awarded a Certificate of Excellence for Child Safety at an Award Ceremony at Ravindranatya Mandir, Prabhadevi Mumbai. This is the outcome of years of hard work put in by our PTA representatives along with our Bus Manager, Mr Sunil Karnad and his team, to streamline the transport system and ensure the smooth working of the entire fleet of buses.
- Science Problem Solving Competition
On 23rd February 2017, four of our students represented our School at a Science Problem Solving Competition conducted by Saraswati Mandir Education Society.
Anirudh Fadia [7E] and Yash Fadia [7E] were winners in the Junior category. They were awarded a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 1,000 each.
Denver Lobo [9F] and Sahil Shah [9F] were Second Runners-Up in the Senior category and were awarded a cash prize of Rs. 500 each.
- American Summer Programs for International High School Students
Vaishnavi Khadatare [11A] and Varun Venugopal [11C] have been selected to attend the iLED (International Leadership, Enrichment and Development) Program from 15th July to 29th July 2017.
They will be taught by Notre Dame faculty, with a focus on International Leadership. The programme also includes courses in the Colleges of Engineering, Science, Arts and Letters, the Mendonza College of Business, and the School of Architecture.
They will each avail a scholarship of $ 2,000.
- Global Social Entepreneurship Summit
Four of our students from Std. 9 Ira Gore [9D], Neomi Jerry [9A], Arjun Mehta [9A] and Arjun Virani [9B] participated in the 4th Global Social Entrepreneurship Summit from 23rd to 25th February 2017 at the American School of Bombay. The focus was on creating an innovative and sustainable social enterprise to solve global challenges, using design process. It was an enlightening experience for our students.
- Winners of the Intra-Class Math Wizard Competition 2016-2017:
Siddhant Sridharan - Std.1
Yash Kapadia - Std. 2
Soumil Rathi - Std. 3
Ishaan Mehra - Std. 4
Aditya Srikanth - Std. 5
Aryaa Rojekar - Std. 6
Arav Dalwani - Std. 7
Ishaan Goel - Std. 8
Amruta Parulekar - Std. 9
Samaksh Judson - Std. 10
Seshasai Narimetla - Std. 11
Rushabh Kapasi - Std. 12
- Winners of the Intra-Class Spell Bee Competition 2016-2017:
Rosalyn Philip - Std. 1
Erica Colaco - Sd. 2
Neev T.H.M. - Std. 3
Zidaan Mulchandani - Std. 4
Yash Muthalia - Std. 5
Ahaan Jindal - Std. 6
Tanmay Arvind - Std. 7
Ishaan Goel - Std. 8
Dhrutvan Joshi - Std. 9
Vandana Ramesh - Std. 10
Siddharth Sarda - Std. 11
Malavika Nerurkar - Std. 12
- We are proud to announce that Nishtha Sridharan [5B] has been awarded a Gold Medal by Educational Assessment, Australia, University of New South Wales, for securing the highest grade among all participating students from India, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Maldives, Mauritius, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and the U.A.E.
- Yash Muthalia [5A] has been awarded the Asset Talent Scholar Gold Award for his exemplary performance in the Asset Talent Search 2016-2017 which is a talent identification programme that identifies, acknowledges and supports talented students at a young age and provides them with opportunities to enhance their potential.
- Rhea Sundaresan [10D] was awarded 'Student of the Year 2016' by Times N.I.E. in recognition of her outstanding academic performance for the year 2015-2016.
- Simone Irani [6F] has been awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by the Deputy Commissioner of Police Traffic, Mumbai in recognition of her participation in creating cartoon sketches on 'Road Safety' on behalf of Safe Kids.
- Abheek Choudhari [4F] has been put on the Wall of Fame by the periodical, Robin Age for twelve poems that he has contributed to their content.
He has also been selected for their Bright Sparks Award.
- Hindustan Times Scholarship Award
Abhinav Dangwal [5D] has won the prestigious Hindustan Times Scholarship 2017. He will be awarded a Trophy, a Certificate and an amount of Rs.50,000/- on 22nd February 2017, at the Felicitation Ceremony at Rangsharda Auditorium, Bandra.
- iLED AND iSPI Scholarship:
The University of Notre Dame is one of America's leading undergraduate teaching institutions that has been in the forefront in research and scholarship.
Each year, the University of Notre Dame invites exceptional High School students from around the world to explore the University's academic field of study.
With this in view Mr. Dhiraj Mehra, Director for India Initiatives, University of Notre Dame made a short presentation to the students of the ISC Section on Friday, 3rd February 2017. Two students will be selected to attend the two week study programme.
- Workshop for Teachers
Our School Counselor Ms. A. Rajgarhia and Academic Co-ordinator (Stds. 7 & 8) Ms. B. Lobo attended a seminar on 'Perspectives in School Psychiatry & Counselling held on Friday, 27th January 2017. Eminent Psychologists and Doctors addressed a host of topics related to challenges faced by students and teachers in schools from Jr. KG. to Std. 10. The seminar provided tips on class management skills and knowledge to deal with children with Special Learning Difficulties.
- Personality Development and Grooming Workshop
On Monday, 16th January 2017 a Personality Development and Grooming Workshop 'Empower You' was conducted by Ms. Ana Bredmeyer for the students of Std 12. The six hour workshop covered Personal Hygiene, Confidence-building, Attire, Posture, Body Language, Communicating Skills and Social Etiquette. Ms Bredmeyer's interesting and informative session was well-received by our students. We are sure that her inputs will hold them in good stead in the future.
- Value Education Initiatives Workshop
Times NIE in association with Val-Ed Initiatives, organized a special screening of the mega movie 'Dangal' at Cubic Mall, Chembur on 12th January 2017. Before the movie could be screened, a presentation on Value Education Initiatives and how Value Education can be integrated on a daily basis across various curriculum and school activities was shown to the audience. Ms. P. Sundararaman attended this workshop.
- Reunion - Batch of 1987
On Saturday, 7th January 2017, ex-students from the batch of 1987 along with ten of their Teachers visited School to renew their memories of their time at Scottish.
- Friday 17th February 2017 : Founders' Day Celebration
Please click here to download the details
- Anti Bullying Workshop
A workshop on Anti-bullying was conducted by Ms. M Mishra and Ms. S Poddar for the students of Stds. 5 and 6 in the months of October and November. The objective of the workshop was to sensitize our pre-teens to the different aspects of bullying to help them value empathy and to instill self-belief. It was an interactive session with enthusiastic participation from all the students. A voluntary support group of students called 'Friends of Friends' [FOF] was created so that children could stand by each other in times of need.
Six of our Primary and Middle School Teachers attended an English Language workshop on 10th December 2016 at Gateway School of Mumbai, Sion. The Workshop was very engaging as it introduced our teachers to a variety of innovative strategies in Reading as well as equipped them with ideas to facilitate group work in classroom teaching. Moreover, the workshop provided the teachers with various strategies for struggling learners.
- An Outreach Initiative
Thirteen students from our School visited Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, Parel on Children's Day, 14th November 2016. They distributed gifts and sweets to the children in the Cancer Ward. They did this with warmth and concern, stopping by and speaking to the children and their parents. The hospital authorities were touched by this gesture and sent a letter of gratitude and appreciation to our Principal.
Mudit Belwal [7E]
Pankhuri Bansal [8E]
Jahnavi Sonchhatra [7F]
Tanvi Bisht [7B]
Pooja Balasubramanian [7B]
Advika Mathai [8A]
Vihaan Menon [7E]
Ria Kakkar [7A]
Saanvi Batra [8B]
Arihant Agarwal [7A]
Shreeya K. [7B]
Tanmay Arvind [7C]
Trisha Dayani [8A]
- We are proud to announce that Bombay Scottish School, Mahim has won the Runner-Up School Award for Std. 6 at the 20th All India Open Mathematics Scholarship Examination 2016.
- Basketball Team for Scottish Cup - 2016-2017
Please click below
- Football Team for Scottish Cup - 2016-2017
Please click below
- A Lesson in Empathy
Shivraj Shah (4C) on observing the serpentine queue outside the Bank situated in his building, decided to provide the people relief in own little way. With the help of his mother, he arranged to prepare lemonade and serve the fatigued customers in paper cups. He also picked up the used paper cups and put them in the trash cans. Shivraj's actions are commendable as he set an inspiring example to his peers.
- Tata Consultancy Service IT Wiz Quiz
We are proud to announce that Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was awarded the Runner Up Trophy at the TCS IT Wiz Quiz held on Sunday, 23rd October 2016 in Mumbai. Our team comprising of Vickram Peter (12 B) and Neil Kanakia (12 A) outshone 315 participating school teams to reach the Mumbai regional final, where the top six teams were on their best display of acumen, speed and composure. It was an invigorating experience, combining the game of quizzing with testing the students' knowledge of the various sectors of Information Technology and the Internet. Our team won iPads and a host of other goodies. This was Bombay Scottish's first attempt at the TCS IT Quiz Wiz.
- A new teaching methodology in the KG section is working well with both Students and Teachers alike. 'Show and Tell' with letters is proving to be popular as Parents are enthusiastically sending objects that begin with the letter of the week. Students are encouraged to speak about the Show and Tell object they bring to School. This is to promote public speaking skills, instill confidence and create a communicative bridge between Teachers and Parents. Students are encouraged to relate the day's activities and pass on instructions / messages to Parents. General Knowledge topics are also taught in a similar way.
- DAIS MUN Conference
A nine delegate contingent from Stds. 9 to 11 represented our School at the Dhirubhai Ambani International Model United Nations MUN Conference.
Best Delegate Award:
Param Nagda [10C]
Enaksh Srivastava [10D]
Devak Bharadwaj [11B]
Abhyuday Sen [10C]
Krish Sarawgi [10B]
- International Shiksha 2016
You are invited to attend International Shiksha 2016 on 21st, 22nd, 23rd November 2016 between 12:00 noon and 4:00 p.m.at a venue close to your home. This event brings together 13 Universities, across 10 countries, to showcase their courses and to answer queries on international education.
To register please log on to www.internationalshiksha.studynetworks.org
Please click below for details regarding venue and names of Universities.
- Annual Athletic Meet (Seniors)
Please click below
- Annual Athletic Meet (Seniors) - Rehearsal
Please click below
- Std. 10 Schedule of ICSE Projects
Please click below
- Std. 12 Preliminary Examination Schedule 2016-2017
Please click below
- Stds. 5 and 6 Project and Assessment Schedule - Term 2
Please click below
- KG Section Children's Day Celebration
Please click below
- Stds. 1 and 2 Children's Day Celebration
Please click below
- Scottish Cup 2016
The Scottish Cup 2016 will be held between 12th and 19th November 2016.
There will be no Sports Coaching (Football and Basketball) for any of the age groups on 12th and 19th November 2016. All other activities will continue as usual.
Please click below for Schedule
- Snack Counter - Please click below
- Reminder : Payment of Rs.50 PTA Fee
- Reminder : Refund Of Excess PTA Fee
- Canteen menu for the month of Nov-Dec
- Orientation Programme - ISC Section
Notice for ISC Orientation Programme
- Scottish Cup :
Revised dates : Saturday 12th November and Saturday 19th November 2016
- Parent Teacher Meeting 8th November 2016
Notice for Parent Teacher Meeting Term 2
Please click below for seating arrangement for the parent teacher meeting
Please click below for school layout for Term 2
- Coco Painting and Planting Drive
To create awareness about Dengue, Bombay Scottish School, Mahim in association with Mahindra SSG conducted a Coco Painting and Planting Drive for the students of Stds. 3 to 8, on 20th October 2016. Each child brought a dried tender coconut to School with a base-coat applied on it in a colour of their choice. Each coconut was then decorated/painted in class. The purpose of the Coco Painting and Planting Drive was to highlight the importance of coconuts being recycled and re-used in a bid to check the spread of dengue.
- The Scottish family is proud of Saanvi Tripathy [3C], a volunteer for Robinhood Army in Mumbai. The RHA works in countries all over India, taking food from the privileged to feed the less privileged.
We hope that many more students will take a leaf out of Saanvi's book and be inspired to do social service.
- Trips during the Diwali Vacation
Nature Club members of Stds. 5 and 6 will be leaving for Lavassa on 24th October 2016 on a three day trip. We hope to foster in our students a love for nature through nature-awareness activities.
The UNESCO Club members are leaving for a 'Dakshin Darshan' from 25th to 29th October 2016. They will be visiting Chennai, Kanchipuram and important UNESCO sites in Mahabalipuram. We are sure our UNESCO Club members will enjoy this fun-filled educational and culture-enriched trip.
The Adventure Club members are off on a trip to Europe's most enticing country - Italy- from Sunday, 23rd October to Monday 31st October 2016.
- Art Workshop
On Wednesday, 19th October 2016 Dr. Lim Poh Teck of NAFA [Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Singapore] conducted a workshop for students of Stds. 10 and 12 on Graphic Design 3D, Fashion Design and Media. He also gave students valuable inputs on how to create a portfolio.
The students enjoyed the workshop thoroughly. Prizes were awarded to the six best designers.
- Journalist in the making
An article on Uniform Civil Code written by Abhinav Shankar Raman [11A] was published in the Teen section of DNA on Monday, 17th October 2016. Abhinav has been invited by DNA to write a weekly column for their newspaper. Well done, Abhinav!
- Workshop for Staff
Dr Tushar Guha Chairman and Managing Director of 'Nrityanjali' enthralled the teachers with an animated talk on Monday, 10th October 2016. The workshop was highly interactive and entertaining. His advice to the teachers was to love themselves first so that they could shower love on the students in their care. He also showed the teachers various exercises to de-stress, as well as physical exercises to relax their hands and eyes. The games that were organized were refreshing and enjoyable. His humorous anecdotes kept everyone's spirits high. All-in-all, it was an enriching session for the teachers.
- Visit to ISME
On Thursday, 29th September, the students of Std. 12 were invited to attend a series of workshops arranged by the esteemed ISME and ISDI Institutes.
The first workshop, on Entrepreneurship, gave the students insight into the processes involved in introducing a new business venture into the market. Through several activities, the students learnt about the challenges that could pull a business venture down and how 'Survival of the Fittest' truly becomes the key to success in a business.
In the second workshop which was on Media and Communication Skills, several interesting activities guided the students to understand how various organizations creatively formulate a marketing strategy to connect with their clients.
The third workshop was on Design and Innovation where the students had to put their creativity and imagination to the test.
In the last workshop the students participated in a business quiz which enhanced their knowledge on Indian Brands.
Finally, Ms. Indu Shahani (Director of ISME and ISDI), addressed the students. It was truly a day well spent for all the students.
- Workshop on Pedagogical Training With ICT Tools
On 8th and 9th October, 2016 the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai along with Institute of Distance and Open Learning, University of Mumbai conducted a workshop on 'Pedagogical Training With ICT Tools'. It was held at the Information Processing Center (IPC), ICT Mumbai and was attended by our Computer teachers, Ms T Abraham, Ms A Arumugam and Ms N Dikshit. The workshop was informative and trained the participants on how to use the software, 'Scratch' as a teaching aid to make learning interesting.
- Inter-School Science Fair
Four of our Std. 10 students participated in the Inter-School Science Fair 'InQuest' 2016 organized by The Cathedral and John Connon School on Saturday, 24th September 2016. The theme of the Fest was 'Water-Driving Force'
Pratham Tahiliani [10C]
Samaksh Judson [10C]
Aditya Joshi [10B]
Shiv Baratam [10C]
Team 2 won the 2nd prize for demonstrating a working model of a Steam Engine.
- Visual Art For Learning Workshop
On 17th September 2016 the British Council organized a very interesting workshop entitled "Using visual art for learning.", which was attended by our English Teacher, Ms P Pawar. The workshop was intensive and introduced the participants to the concept of using visual arts as a tool for learning. The workshop was a very enriching experience and the participants came away ready to tap into their inherent artistic talent.
- Rural Immersion Programme
Std. 10 participated in a rural immersion programme on 16th September 2016. They visited two villages - Dehna and Valwande, Thane District. It was a novel and enriching experience for the students as they got a taste of rural life with all its simplicity and hardships. The lush green meadows, the clear fresh air, the muddy slippery footpaths, the simple barren village houses, the 'bhaakri' making contest, the authentic village lunch and of course the adventurous Scavenger Hunt made the experience memorable. It made our urban dwellers more sensitive to the hardships of the villagers and also to appreciate the facilities they take for granted in the city.
- Dance Ballet
On Friday, 16th September 2016 seven Scottishites - students of Sri Rajarajeshwari Bharata Kala Mandir participated in a dance ballet in which more than a hundred dancers performed together, to celebrate the birth centenary of the legendary classical musician, Bharat Ratna Dr. M. S. Subbbulakshmi, at Shanmukhananda Fine Arts and Sangeetha Sabha, Sion.
Amruta Sundaram (9B)
Swara Patel (9C)
Saundarya Shankaraman (8C)
Sakshi Sriram (3C)
Suguna Pradhan (7B)
Vaishnavi Kulkarni (7A)
Malishka Vemu (5B)
- At the Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2016, Vandana Ramesh (10C) received the Bronze award in the U-18 category
- Technology, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Summit 2016
Our students attended the TRAI Summit 2016 held on 17th and 18th September 2016 at The American School of Bombay. They were tasked with battling l problems of the present day and provided training to become the pioneers of tomorrow, by mastering skills in the fields of Robotics, The Internet of Things and Wearable Technology.
The students left the event empowered with a structured and efficient approach to problem-solving.
Ananya Kapoor [9C]
Chintan Shukla [9D]
Komal Wani [11A]
Vickram Peter [12B]
- Poems Come Alive
On Thursday, 1st September 2016 fifteen students from Std. 6 participated in the event 'Poems Come Alive', organized by Green Lawns School, Breach Candy. 27 Schools from Mumbai participated in this annual event. The Choral Recitation team made our School proud with their excellent rendition of the piece 'A Strange Affliction'.
- Wild Wisdom Quiz
The students of Dabchick Nature Club participated in the Wild Wisdom Quiz City Level on Saturday, 17th September 2016 at Maharashtra Nature Park, Mahim.
Sanchit Jha [5B] and Vikram Unnikrishnan [5F] have qualified for the City Level Finals.
Arnav Choudhary [7F] and Vedant Kanodia [8E] stood 3rd and have qualified for the City Level Finals
- Hindi Diwas
Hind Diwas was celebrated on 14th September 2016 at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim. A special Assembly, along with a hymn in Hindi was prepared and presented by the students of Std. 4 and relayed over the P.A. System. The news was also delivered in Hindi.
Besides this, a contingent of 127 students from Stds. 3 to 10 celebrated Hindi Diwas by participating in an Inter-School Hindi Cultural Festival 'Rochak' organized by Christ Church School, Byculla. Bombay Scottish School, Mahim walked away with the 2nd Runner-Up trophy from among 20 schools.
- BEST SCHOOL AWARD FOR BOMBAY SCOTTISH SCHOOL, MAHIM
We are proud to announce that our School has won the Best School Award by the Sports Journalists' Association of Mumbai (SJAM) for the year 2016. The award is for excellence at the Inter-School Tournaments conducted by the Mumbai School Sports Association (MSSA)
At Scottish, we believe in providing our students the tools, skills and knowledge that are essential to be a successful entrepreneur, leader and social innovator.
With this in mind we are pleased to announce the EdgeMakers Programme for students of Stds. 5 to 8, an after-School activity and project - based learning programme scheduled to commence from Thursday, 1st September 2016.
- Paalak Workshop
At Scottish it is our constant endeavour to inculcate health awareness and good food habits in our students. With this in mind, we organized an interactive program on Friday, 26th August 2016 for parents of KG. to Std. 1, conducted by PAALAK - Parenting with Love and Kindness, led by Dr Y.K. Amdekar, a renowned paediatrician, and his dedicated team from the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai. They dispelled many myths regarding health issues in little children. It was very well-received by the parents, who were able to clear their many doubts.
- Leadership Series 2016
On Friday, 26th August 2016, Mr P.D. Singh - Managing Director of JP Morgan conducted the fourth session of the Leadership Series for the students of Stds. 11 and 12. The accomplished banker narrated his story in detail, while laying emphasis on the great lessons he learnt from little anecdotes that took place in his life. He talked about the significance of humility, self-confidence, trusting one's gut and learning at least one new thing every year. However, the lesson that stood out the most was that over the years he never took the mistakes he made as setbacks, but instead considered them essential learning experiences. The inspirational talk ended with an enlightening question - answer session that broke the stereotypes in the students' minds about the job of bankers.
- Filmit Workshop
On Wednesday, 10th August 2016 our students from the Spectrum Club attended Filmit (short film making workshop) organised by INTACH. The project is instrumental in building awareness about our national heritage among students. It also serves as a basic film-making programme.
- Macmillan Examination 2016
The Macmillan Examination was conducted on Thursday 26th and Saturday 27th 2016 in English, Mathematics, Science and Digital Technologies across classes 3 to 12.
- Please click below for the details of ISC PLACEMENT BATCH 16
- Scottish Child Development Programme
On 19th August 2016, a Child Development Programme was conducted for the teachers from Jr. KG. to Std. 2 and the Remedial Department. Ms. Snehalata Desai a Special Educator, Ms. S. Nagarkar a Child Psychologist and Dr. Bondre a Developmental Statistician discussed topics such as development lags in students. Emotional and behavioural development in a child and the need for Remediation for students with Learning Disability. It was well received by the Teachers.
- No Honking Drive
On Thursday 18th August 2016, Bombay Scottish School, Mahim participated in the anti-noise campaign undertaken by Times Of India in association with Awaaz Foundation. Sumaira Abdulali, Founder of Awaaz Foundation made a presentation to all students from Stds. 4-12, highlighting hazards that loud decibels may cause to the human body and environment. This presentation was well received by Students and Staff, as our School is situated a few metres away from Hinduja Hospital making it a part of a silent zone.
- Independence Day 2016:
The 70th Independence Day celebration at our School began with the solemn flag hoisting ceremony. Our Principal unfurled the National Flag and the School Band provided a resounding accompaniment to the rendition of the National Anthem by Staff and Students.
Stds. 5 and 6 put up an inspirational programme which began with the recitation of Rabindranath Tagore's beautiful poem, 'Where the Mind is without Fear'. This was followed by a short tableau depicting the main events of our freedom struggle. A street play in Hindi, firmly conveyed the message that we are a part of the solution as we are of problems such as poverty, corruption and lack of education.
The Citizenship Club of Bombay Scottish School, Mahim concluded the programme with a power point presentation that reminded us of the great men and women, both famous and forgotten, who gave their lives for the freedom that we so enjoy (and take for granted), today.
We continue to hope and believe that in this strife torn world, each of us learns to tend our own patch of ground, and put the ideals of our country into practice.
- To celebrate Librarian's Day on 12th August 2016, a seminar on Excellence in School Education was held at Shishuvan School. Our librarian Ms Pushpa Sundararaman attended this seminar which enhanced the importance of reading among students and how School libraries can be used effectively to achieve the same.
- English Workshop:
Ms. R. Alva and Ms. B. DeSylva attended a workshop on How to Teach Children Unseen Prose & Poetry Comprehension on Saturday, 6th August 2016. This workshop was conducted by Ms. Usha Pandit of Mindsprings
- Young Talent Search in Computer Programming 2016
On Sunday, 31st July 2016 the following students represented our School at the Young Talent Search in Computer Programming 2016 competition - Regional level, conducted by the Computer Society of India at Andheri. Results are awaited.
Vickram Peter [12B]
Ishaan Sood [12B]
Urit Gupta [10C]
- HFS MUN Conference
A contingent of 12 students from our School took part in the Hiranandani Foundation Model United Nations Conference which was held between 29th and 31st July 2016.
Esha Sridhar [12A] and Rushabh Kapasi [12B] won the award for Best Delegation in the Security Council. Devak Bharadwaj [11B] received a 'Verbal Mention'.
- The UEL Reading Project: Today's Reader - Tomorrow's Leader
Teachers from CASS School of Education and Communities, University of East London were at our School from Monday, 25th to Friday 29th July 2016. The one week UEL Reading programme involved exchange of teaching strategies between the visitors and our Primary Teachers from Stds. 2 and 3. This was followed by a Reading Workshop at Christ Church School conducted by Mr Wayne Tennent. Our Teachers Ms. L. Jacob and Ms. V. Bhuta participated in this workshop with enthusiasm and came away enriched.
- Indian School of Management and Entrepreneurship- ISME
At Scottish, we aim to develop independent learners and critical thinkers among our students. Keeping this in mind, on Saturday, 23rd July 2016 nine of our Staff Members attended a workshop conducted by Prof. Paul Reagan, an authority on The Theory of Knowledge. The workshop was conducted under the aegis of ISME ( Indian School of Management and Entrepreneurship) The workshop gave our Teachers an insight on meaning of critical thinking, what critical thinkers do, ethics, and ethical reasoning. The interactive workshop also focused on the value of reflection, self awareness, open mindedness and the need to think logically and clearly while interacting with students. Overall, it was an enriching experience for our teachers.
- The 2016 India Schools Marketing Challenge
On 22nd July 2016, Dr. Rob Angell (Lecturer in Marketing Research, Cardiff University) and a delegation from Cardiff University visited Bombay Scottish School, Mahim to host the 2016 India Schools Marketing Challenge. Groups of Std. 11 students took part in a social marketing activity to design a poster advertisement for improving road safety in Mumbai. This was Dr Angell's second visit to the School, and in his words, "once again, I was incredibly impressed with the Students, Staff and Facilities". Six teams competed for the main prize - a Cardiff University Trophy, to be presented to the group producing a piece of work so good that it could have been mistaken for a professional advertisement. Our students' creativity, team - working abilities and presentation skills stood out 'in spades'.
- Empowering our Science Teachers:
On Saturday, 16th July 2016 , five Senior Teachers from the Physics Department attended 'Making in the Classroom Workshop' conducted by Kristopher Linus Velez at The American School of Bombay, Kohinoor City. The workshop gave the Teachers a deeper understanding into activities, projects and mindsets needed for bringing 'Making and Tinkering' into the classroom. For our Science Teachers, it was a Saturday well spent as they found the workshop useful and informative.
Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship:
From among 80,000 participants in India, our student Urit Gupta [10C] emerged as one of the top 150 scorers in the country.
Out of the 18 participants from our School, 7 students are now Microsoft Office Specialist Certified Professionals.
The School Level winners are:
Urit Gupta [10C]
Lakshya Dugar [9B]
Komal Wani [11A]
- Refresher Course for Scouters and Guiders
Two of our Middle School Teachers Ms M Hill and Ms S Khan attended a Training Course for Guide Captains and Flock Leaders on 3rd July, 2016 at the Scout/Guide Pavilion, Shivaji Park. It was an enriching experience for our Teachers.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim excelled at 'Immaculata 2016', an Inter-School event in which 24 schools participated.
- Our students of Std. 4 won 2nd place in a gripping football tournament:
Adam Araujo [4F]
Snehal Neredumalli [4F]
Aadiv Das [4C]
Arnav Srivastava [4D]
Deeptansh Khandelwal [4D]
Jared Collins [4E]
Arjun Kanodia [4B]
- Our students of Std. 10 won the 1st place in the IPL Cricket Quiz:
Aaron Dias [10B]
Gaurav Advani [10B]
Aryan Khanna [10E]
- Avirat Purohit of Std. 9C stood 3rd for displaying excellent skills at basketball.
- Our girls' team won the 3rd place in an exciting jugalbandi of 'Lagori' and Handball:
Geeti Malhotra [9E]
Upasana Sarkar 9E]
Mallika Mathew [8A]
Pankhuri Bansal [8E]
Deniese Pereira [8F]
Simran Wagle [8B]
Tara Kyal [8D]
Avani Sukhtankar [8E]
Livia Thomas [8A]
- Aasneh Prasad [8B] and Saish Manjunath [8C] stood 2nd in a multiple task-based race called 'Lord of the Rings'
- In the Fine Arts Section, our budding artists:
Saanvi Batra [8B]
Sivaranjani Viswanathan [8C]
Rochelle Fernandes [8B]
Vidhi Bamboli [8D] secured the 2nd position for their creative artwork contrasting an ancient Eqypt with a futuristic Egypt.
- In the Performing Arts section, our students of Std. 4 once again did us proud for their depiction of three different cultures through dress and speech!
Roye Ganju [4A]
Dhruv Chopra [4C]
Anusha Sharma [4B]
Congratulations to all the participants for their effort and enthusiasm!
- LEADERSHIP SERIES - 2016
- On Friday, 24th June 2016, Bombay Scottish School , Mahim, warmly welcomed an old student, Rishabh Mariwala, Entrepreneur and Director Marico Innovation Foundation to address the students of Stds. 11 & 12. In an engaging discussion with the students, he stressed the need to be fearless, take risks and follow one's heart, as he described his journey from a shy school boy to managing his own company. His mantra for success was simple - failure is not the end, learn from failure and be resilient.
- Selections for The Inter-House Badminton Tournament was conducted on Tuesday,21st June 2016 at the MIG Cricket Club, Bandra [East].
- Notice for Online Admission For the ICSE BAtch 2016
- Notice for the students to collect I.C.S.E EXAMINATION (MARCH 2016) certificates
- ICSE Recheck of Result 2016
The last date for applying for recheck is Friday 3rd June 2016.
- Notice for the students to collect ISC result.
- ISC Recheck of Result 2016
The last date for applying for recheck is Monday 23rd May 2016.
- ICSE MARCH 2016 ONLINE ADMISSION
- Dear Parents,
The Eligibility Form for Std 10 students to gain admission to Junior Colleges is available in the School Office (timings 9.30 am to 12 noon). Kindly pay Rs.100/- (in cash only) for the same. Warm regards,
Mrs M Paul
- Recheck Request for the I.C.S.E. & I.S.C. Examinations 2016. For more details, please download the pdf below.
- ICSE & ISC 2016 Examination results will be declared on Friday, 6th May, 2016 at 3.00 p.m. For more details, please download the pdf below.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for their participation and outstanding contribution in making a Guinness World Record for the Plastic-bottles collection and Re-cycling Awareness Programme conducted by Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai in October 2015 as part of 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'.
- U.K.Study Programme : The team of 16 students accompanied by Ms Thomas (Senior Academic Coordinator) returned from the UK on 27th April after a fortnight's stay at St John's International School, Sidmouth, Devon. The staff at St John's were, in their words, incredibly impressed with this young group of Scottishites for their enthusiasm and contribution to all lessons, workshops, educational trips and games, in the time spent at the school. They put together a fabulous presentation of their School in Mumbai , culminating in the School Song. Besides participating in a Marine Biology workshop, along with a trip to Plymouth Aquarium, a Forensic Workshop, a Formula 1 Engineering Workshop, they also learnt how to prepare a proper Devon Cream Tea. The students have returned home enriched by this amazing experience.
- ISC Workshop:
Dr Kirk Plangger from King's College, London will visit our School on Monday, 25th April 2016 to enlighten our ISC section on Digital Marketing.
- Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is scheduled to take place from Monday, 18th to Friday, 22nd April 2016 for students from Stds. 1-8.
- 16 students of Bombay Scottish School, Mahim from Stds. 10 and 12 will be attending a study programme at St. John's International School, Broadway, Sidmouth, Devon, UK from 10th April 2016 to 26th April 2016. Mrs. Thomas [Senior Academic Co-ordinator] will be accompanying the students.
- The ISC Examination 2016 commenced on Monday, 8th February 2016 and will conclude on Wednesday, 6th April 2016.
- The ICSE Examination 2016 commenced on Monday, 29th February 2016 and will conclude on Wednesday, 30th March 2016.
- The following students were awarded gold medals for being among the top 25 rank holders in the Maharashtra and Goa zone at the 18th SOF National Science Olympiad on 20th October 2015:
1] Roye Ganju [3A] - State Rank 17th
2] Jai Bellare [4D] - State Rank 4th
3]Nishtha Sridharan [4A] - State Rank 23rd
4] Aryaa Rojekar [5C] - State Rank 7th
5] Pramiti Sriram [5B] - State Rank 14th
6] Sahil Rane [7A] - State Rank 16th
7] Prathinav Gupta [8E] - State Rank 10th
- Two of our students were awarded gold medals by Educational Assessment Australia, University of New South Wales, Australia [EAA-UNSW] for securing the highest grade among all participating students from India, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Maldives, Mauritius, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and UAE in their respective categories:
Advik Viswanathan [3F] and
Adhish Kancharla [4A]
- Deniese Pereira [7A] - qualified for the Girls U-14 Maharashtra team and represented the State in the Girls Sub-Junior National Football Championship held at Cuttack, Odisha.
- Arjun Pawar [7D] and Sahil Rane [7A] stood 1st at the Smt. Mukta Kotnis Memorial Inter-School Scientific Problem Solving Competition (Junior Group) held at Saraswati Mandir Education Society, Mahim.
- Pratham Tahiliani [9C] and Aditya Joshi [9B] represented the (Senior Group).
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was awarded the Runner-up Trophy for the above event.
- Our U-8 'A' team were the Runners-Up at the MSSA Mumbai City FC Football League on 11th February 2016:
Shauryajit Singh -2A
Reyansh Vora - 2A
Tanay Mahale - 2A
Aarya Bafna - 2B
Ishaan Singh - 2B
Parth Mittal - 2C
Rehaan Bhat - 2D
Devarsh Bhandari - 2F
Arnav Kashikar - 2F
- Rhea Sundaresan [9D], Tarushi Bhattacharya [9D] and Khushi Khandelwal [9A] - were awarded the prize for 'The Best Documentary Film' for their film entitled 'Kaali Peelis'.
- Vandana Ramesh [9C]
Purujit Potnis [9F]
Abhyuday Sen [9C] - were awarded prize for 'Best Original Story' for their film 'Redeeming Thanjavur'.
- Rushabh Kapasi [11B]
Calvin Alvares [11B]
Aaryaman Sen [12A] - were Runners-Up at Quizzitch - a Mathematics Quiz conducted by Infinity 2016 on 19th January 2016.
- The following students have won the prestigious Hindustan Times Scholarship of Rs. 50,000/- for the year 2015-2016 for their prize winning essays:
Ishita Somwanshi [5D]
Naina Singh [5A]
Rochelle Fernandes [7E]
Sahana Sinha [9E]
- Bombay Scottish U-10 'A' Team, clinched the MSSA U-10 Division 1 Title on Friday, 29th January 2016, after defeating:
D.Y. Patil. (2-0), Cathedral & John Connan(3-1),Greenlawns School(3-0), Vibgyor (3-0),Campion School (3-2) and St. Stanislaus (5-4) in the Finals.
The team members:
Kahaan Menda [4B]
Snehal Neredumalli [3A]
Khush Gathani [4D]
Deeptansh Khandelwal [3C]
Aadiv Das [3C]
Dhwanit Gogri [4F]
Nigel Binu [4B]
Yodha Bhandari [4F]
Diyan Savla [4E]
Adam Araujo [3D]
Arhaan Bhat [4C]
Ivaan Shringi [4D]
Arnav Srivastava [3C]
Aaron Deniz [4B]
Atish Bhalerao [4A]
Aadhitiya Nagarkar [4E]
Keith Lobo [4E]
Sachchit Jha [4A]
- The following students received medals of Excellence at the 15th National Cyber Olympiad [1st level]:
Aryaa Rojekar [5C] - State Rank 14th
Dhrutvan Joshi [8B] - State Rank 12th
Pratham Tahiliani [9C] - State Rank 19th
- The following students received the Gold Medal for securing the 1st rank in School in the above Olympiad:
Aarav Malani [3E]
Shikhar Sehgal [4D]
Ishita Somwanshi [5D]
Kumar Abhyuday [6A]
Sahil Rane [7A]
Sahil Shah [8F]
Urit Gupta [9C]
- Hindustan Times - NCPA Stage Right: Of 60 Schools that sent in their entries, Bombay Scottish School, Mahim was among the eight Schools that made it to the finals of the 'Hindustan Times - NCPA Stage Right' Dramatics Competition held on 14th January 2016 at the Experimental Theatre at NCPA.
- Ayan Agarwal [9B]- won the award for the Best Male Actor.
- The participants were:
1. Esha Sridhar [11A]
2. Neha Mathur 11C]
3. Aayushi Patkar [11A]
4. Malavika Nerurkar [11C]
5. Abhyuday Sen [9C]
6. Anshul Patkar [9D]
7. Shreela Agarwal [11C]
8. Rhea Sundaresan [9D]
9. Pratham Tahiliani [9C]
10. Aditya Joshi [9B]
11. Shraddha Mehta [11A]
12. Anoushkaa James [11C]
- Swachh Bharat Pledge:
On the 13th of January 2016, students of Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, took a pledge to follow the principles of 'Swachh Bharat Abhyan' , to bring about a much needed awareness among the students to keep their surroundings clean.
- Our boys U-12 'A' team won the Runner-Up trophy at the MSSA Inter-School Football tournament held on 16th December 2015 at Azad Maidan.
- The following students scored 100% marks in the National Math Olympiad 2nd level contest held on 7th August 2015:
1. Vikram Unnikrishnan [4A]
2. Jai Bellare [4D]
3. Riva Jogani [4D]
4. Shikhar Sehgal [4D]
5. Karunyaa Sribashyam [4E]
6. Malishka Vemu [4F]
- Ministerial Visit:
Mr. Jo Johnson MP, Minister of State for Universities and Science, UK will be visiting our School along with 5-10 Vice Chancellors from UK Universities on Friday,11th December 2015. They will be addressing students of Stds. 10, 11 and 12 on undergraduate study in the UK and various scholarships being offered for higher education.
- ON THE SPOT "D CHALLENGE"
ISDI Parsons Mumbai will be conducting a workshop for our ISC students on Friday, 11th December 2015. This 'D CHALLENGE' will give our ISC students the opportunity to explore their 'design' potential and possibly consider creative careers in design.
- The Economics students of Std 11 along with their Teachers,Mrs. S. Sen, Mrs. B. Kuruvilla and Mrs. A. Telang have the privilege of an hour's interaction with Lord Meghnad Desai, Professor Emeritus London School of Economics at St. Regis , Lower Parel on Wednesday, 9th December 2015.
- Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship 2016:
This is a global competition which tests students' proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Powerpoint. The regional round of this competition will be held on Sunday, 27th December 2015. 42 students from Stds. 7-10 have registered for the same.
- Sociology Workshop:
4 of our ISC students participated in a Sociology Workshop 'Towards an Equal World' at the Cathedral & John Connon School on Saturday, 28th November 2015.
Siyona Samuel [12C] and Esha Sridhar [11A] won Best Speaker Awards in their respective Committees.
- Constitution Day:
On Thursday, 26th November 2015, students from Stds. 1-12 celebrated Constitution Day to honour our democracy. A special Assembly was conducted by the students of Stds. 8 & 9. The Principal addressed the students briefly about the significance of the Day, besides leading the School in taking the Pledge.
- Our students participated in the Dhirubhai Ambani International School Model United Nations Conference (DAIMUN) 2015 from 13th to 16th September 2015.
Aaryaman Sen [12A] was awarded 'Outstanding Delegate'
Vandana Ramesh [9C]
Dhruv Joshi [10C]
Aryan Singh [10E]
Vickram Peter [11B]
Rushabh Kapasi [11B]
won 'Honourable Mention'
- Workshop in English and Mathematics:
Two of our teachers Ms. M. Karkera and Mr. K. Kaka attended a workshop conducted in English and Mathematics respectively, was by Podar Education Network, on 28th November 2015.
- Nanhi Chhaan National Essay Contest:
Based on their essays at the Nanhi Chhaan National Essay Contest, two of our students Sanjana Gupta [11C ] and Kashish Bhimjiani [10F] - have qualified for a one week Personality Development Programme at NIIT University, Neemrama, Rajasthan from 14th to 18th December 2015.
- The Interhouse Dance Competition 'Nritya' for Juniors and Seniors is scheduled to be held on Monday, 30th November 2015.
Theme for Juniors:
Dance Drama based on Emotions
Theme for Seniors:
Dance Drama Based on Elements of Nature.
- The Sociology students of the ISC section will be attending a workshop "Towards an Equal World" to be held on Saturday, 28th November 2015 at the Cathedral & John Connon School.
- Mathematics Workshop:
Three of our Middle School teachers Ms. M. Hill, Ms. A. Bhushan, Ms. B. Rajakrishnan attended a Mathematics Workshop at Cathedral & John Connon School on Saturday, 21st November 2015. The workshop was an enriching experience for our teachers.
- Hindi Workshop:
Four of our teachers Ms. A. Pandey, Ms. M. Naik, Ms. N. Tated and Ms. B. Vaz attended a Hindi Workshop conducted by Madhuban Publications at D.G. Khaitan School, Malad on Saturday, 31st October 2015. The workshop emphasized activity based teaching to simplify the learning of the Hindi Language.
- Seminar on Substance Abuse and Prevention in Schools:
Three of our teachers Ms. R. Dasgupta, Ms. D. D'Cunha and Ms. A. Bhasker attended a seminar on Substance Abuse and Prevention in Schools at Don Bosco Research Centre on Friday, 30th October 2015. The seminar enabled teachers to be sensitive to the growing needs of teenagers, to help them cope with the challenges they face and make a smooth transition at this vulnerable stage of their lives.
The first ever Youth Innovation Forum entitled 'Brainstorm 2015' will be conducted in our School on 31st October 2015. This is an intitiative by our ISC students to provide a platform for some of the finest teenage minds in the city to showcase their incredible achievement, thought and perspective. This year 6 gifted teenagers will each give a 10 minute talk on topics that range from Entrepreneurship and Technology to Linguistics and Music. The programme will also feature performances showcasing extraordinary talent in the Fine Arts.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mahim has won the Runner-Up School Award at the 19th All India Open Mathematics Scholarship Examination - 2015 for Std. 5 conducted by the Institute for Promotion of Mathematics, Pune
- The following students have made it to the merit list:
Jashaan Bokdawala - 6C
Anay Mulay - 6A
Arnab Choudhury - 6F
Aditya Choudhury - 6F
Arav Dalwani - 6F
Manas Desai - 6E
Anirudh Fadia - 6E
Natisha Shah - 6C
- Senior Sports Day:
The Senior Sports Day will be held on Tuesday, 3rd November 2015 at the PDP Grounds from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.