The main goal of a cause and effect essay is to explain the main reasons or results of certain events, occurrences, and situations. There are three sub-categories that fall under this kind of essays: Cause Essays, Effect Essays, and Cause and Effect Essays.
As the name implies, Cause Essays focus primarily on closely examining why an event happened or why an occurrence exists. An Effect Essay examines the occurrences prior to a determined event, focusing primarily on what caused the situation. Combine these two together and you get a Cause and Effect Essay, which traces the start of the event and outlines what happens from there to the existing state of the situation.
Examples of the Best Cause and Effect Essay Topics
Cause and Effect Essays can be used to examine different topics that fall under different fields. Here are a few suggestions that you can consider as you write one. Ensure that you carry out the necessary amount of research about the topic that you will choose in order to create and write a substantial essay that will trace the cause and highlight the effect of your chosen event or subject.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on the Field of Education
- What are the cause and effect of the rise of technology-aided education among high school students?
- What effect does standardized testing have on high school students’ decision to pursue tertiary education?
- What are the causes and effects of offering advanced classes to public school students?
- Does using technology in the classroom help student to learn complicated topics better?
- What effect does homeschooling have on raising socially aware children?
- What is the cause and effect of the continuous fall in the number of students who use in-school libraries?
- Why do some schools produce better A-Level students than others?
- What effect does an effective physical education program have on primary school students?
- What are the main causes of the most common challenges faced by high school teachers and educators?
- What is the effect of high parent involvement in school activities?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on the Medical Field
- What effect does the lack of adequate medical equipment have on the mindset of practicing doctors and nurses?
- What are the causes and effects of the rise of the country’s overweight and obese adults?
- What are the main causes of the most common tropical diseases in Asia?
- How does a high level of stress affect an individual’s health?
- Does globalization have an effect on the spread of diseases in Africa?
- What effect does the rise of Chinese medicine have on the practice of Western Medicine?
- Why do some parents fail to get their children vaccinated?
- What effect does the lack of a medical insurance have on an individual’s state of mind?
- What causes cancer?
- Does abortion have an effect on a woman’s reproductive and mental health?
- What are the main causes and effect of the rise of contraceptive use among late teens?
- What are the main causes and effect of chronic allergic reactions?
- Why is there a need for more stringent cancer and HIV research?
- What causes the most common cardiovascular diseases?
- What effect does a misdiagnosis have on an individual’s mindset?
- Why do people ask for a second medical opinion after being diagnosed with a chronic illness?
- What is the effect of stress on medical workers?
- Why do Asian medical providers choose to migrate and practice in other countries?
- What are the main effects of regular exercise among patients who suffer from arthritis?
- What are the social effects of having braces?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Key Social Issues
- Why is a big percentage of the American population living in poverty?
- What are the causes and effects of bankruptcy?
- What effects does growing up in poverty have on adults?
- What are the causes and effects of the rise of international adoption in Western countries?
- Does growing up with food insecurity have an adverse effect in producing functional adults?
- What happens to the country when the majority of the baby boomers reach the age for retirement?
- Why do men still out-earn women despite fairer gender rules in offices and organizations?
- Why do immigrants have a harder time in securing jobs than natural-born citizens?
- Does the presence of non-profit organizations have any measurable effect on the country’s social problems?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Personal and Social Relationships
- What primary and measurable effects does divorce have on minors?
- What are the main causes of breakups between couples in long distance relationships?
- Does divorce of parents have an effect on the marriage and dating view of their children?
- What are the causes and effects of men’s commitment phobia?
- Does living together before marriage have an effect on the couple’s married life?
- What effect does the feminist movement have on teenage girl’ss view about dating and marriage?
- Why do some people have the cycle of getting involved in abusive relationships?
- What effect does being involved in abusive relationships have on the family of the victim?
- Does a history of abortion have an effect on a woman’s s future relationship and marriage?
- Why do children in marginal areas rebel from their parents?
Place an order and we will analyze it and recommend a writer with a suitable background and experience. This will result in a paper that is properly written and well structured, is fully original and fully matches your requirements. You will then be able to use this paper as a sample and will be able to analyze it in order to work on all your subsequent cause and effect papers. Contact us today to get you custom paper on any of the cause and effect topics!
One of the high school essay contests nobblesàThis student wins the competition unfairlyàThe rest of the contest participants lose their hope to have justice for all. This sentence is a typical example of one of the cause and effect topics. Everything in the world is interrelated. Our article offers the top-preferred cause and effect essay topics from a variety of academic fields that will help students understand the way everything functions in this world.
GET PROMPT & CHEAP ONLINE HELP
Read the article to the end and think whether the offered information on cause & effect essays is enough to handle English Composition 101 homework assignment independently. Do you have any problems? In case the subject seems complicated, the deadline is tight, or you have problems with citing/referencing sources, professional academic cause-&-effect essay writers are waiting for your orders online to boost the performance of every student!
Cause and Effect Topics: What Does This Assignment Mean?
The definition of a term makes it easier to understand its essence. To choose interesting, relevant cause and effect essay topics, a student should know it is a separate type of academic writing assignment, given by high school & college teachers to see how well the students may explain the causes and effects of some events. The cause-&-effect paper shows how different things depend on each other.
When a patient attends the doctor, they do not start the treatment immediately – the doctor tries to detect the causes why the patient feels bad and analyzes the effects of the illness. After that, it is possible to recommend specific treatment. It is an example of how a student should choose the cause and effect topics.
While many students believe it is much easier to pick a subject on their own without having to write on the subject recommended by a teacher, others realize the truth: it could be much more difficult to choose the theme independently. It requires more efforts such as twice-longer research.
Working on the Cause & Effect Essay Outline: Structure & Components
Before exploring the cause and effect essay topics list, look at the examples of cause-&-effect paper’s outline. It will give a clue what to include in a cause and effect essay. The primary type of an outline is the multiple causal chains; the second outline structure = is known as the “domino effect” among field experts. This type of structure looks the following way:
- Effect 1
- Effect 2
- Effect 3
It means one factor can lead to numerous effects. Example: A powerful earthquake in the Indian Ocean led to the massive tsunami, destruction of several touristic zones, and thousands of deaths. While describing a medical problem such as some kind of disease, it is possible to include multiple effects.
It is the simplest structure. Another type of an outline is for the multiple cause and effect essay topics (many causes = many effects). When it comes to a domino cause-&-effect paper, please consider using the offered template:
- Cause & link 1
- Cause & link 2
- Cause & link 3
- Cause & link 4
- Cause & link 5
It is time to answer the disturbing question, “What are some cause and effect essay topics?”
What is a Good Cause and Effect Topic?
Understanding the requirements of the cause-&-effect paper prompt is the key success factor when it comes to selecting good cause and effect topics. A cause-&-effect paper should attract the reader from the opening line – its title. Keep in mind several basic principles of selecting cause & effect essay topics:
- Define the causes and effects. Take a pen and a separate piece of cause-&-effect paper to write down which ideas you plan to cover and their significance in the community. Highlight the interrelated subjects – it is possible to come up with a single cause for an effect or few.
- Decide on the suitable working for your thoughts. A student may understand the relationship between the subjects, but he/she may have no idea how to express the thoughts in a proper, clear manner.
- Select topics that make sense. Think about various things that may grab reader’s attention by putting yourself in the shoes of the target audience: What might seem interesting to you? Writing about the cause and effect essay topics associated with the school’s popularity or surviving the initial year in college may be okay to grab the attention of your peers.
- Find inspiration! No famous author/poet was able to create masterpieces without inspiration: from the hobby to the love of life. Remember: writing is an art!
BUY CAUSE-&-EFFECT ESSAY
70 Stunning Cause and Effect Essay Topics for Students of Different Academic Levels
“What is a good cause and effect topic?” Students who keep asking this question will discover 80 ideas in the list below. Choose based on the most relevant problems of society.
Cause and effect essay topics for college students
- The way non-profit organizations affect local communities
- Poor quality of water and its role in the healthcare industry
- More baby boomers achieve the retirement age: what’s next?
- People with disabilities: causes & effects of being unable to find a job
- Inadequate sanitation in our society
- The way mobile devices impact the development of business entities
- The correlation between playing violent video games and school behavior
- The effects of severe birth control for the society
- Causes of obesity among the US teens
- Things that make young girls suffer from Anorexia Nervosa
Cause and effect essay topics for middle school
- Causes & effects of living in poverty
- “The root of all evil”: things that lead to homelessness & unemployment
- Bullying in schools & its effects on mental health
- Things that make certain artists the most popular/sold in the world
- “Twilight”: Several causes + effects of its popularity
- Should students of different genders be forced to study separately?
- Why do many students believe school homework is useless?
- Why most of the US students say history is the most boring subject in the curriculum?
- Wearing school uniform: pros & cons
- The way labels like “gifted,” “talented,” or “popular” affect the school students
Cause and effect essay topics for high school
- Growing up with food insecurity: threats to children’s lives
- Ongoing discrimination/racism in schools
- Sexism’s role in the modern society
- Howe to lose/gain popularity in high school?
- What is the impact of the charter schools on the local educational system?
- Do “Pretty Little Liars” have a great impact on the modern students?
- Effects parents of children with ADHD face when they send them to regular public schools
- Remote education has certain perspectives for the future
- Sexual education in schools: Its advantages & disadvantages based on the effects
- Parent involvement in child’s education: causes & effects
Fun cause and effect essay topics
- Causes & effects of making laugh at the band’s drummers
- Turning home pet popular on the web
- Uploading the wrong photograph to personal Instagram
- Causes of “Harry Potter” replacing “Lord of the Rings” and effects of this change
- Do not miss a match – watch it online!
- How to get the benefits from using improved Internet connection (2G vs 4G)?
- Is having many friends on Facebook the guarantee of being famous?
- Things to ease the pain when the phone’s battery gets low outside
- Becoming successful entrepreneur by selling funny stuff
- Things that can make a modern student laughing out loud
Historical cause and effect essay topics
- The effects of colonialism for the world’s history
- Causes and effects of World War II
- World War veterans: the way those terrible events influenced their lives and mental health in particular
- GI Bill (the one that educates soldiers) and its role in the universities of the United States
- Long-lasting effects of the continuous slavery in the United States
- Christianity & Roman Empire
- How did Jewish population change after the events of World War II?
- Why did the Arab Spring start?
- What are the factors of continuous Mexican immigration to the United States?
- Growing interest in feminism in the 1960s vs 1970s
Simple cause and effect essay topics
- Things that make patients burn out
- Factors that can make a popular kid out of the outsider
- Open high school campus: Its benefits
- Things that can make a popular blogger out of an average student
- Why is Google more popular than Yahoo and other search engines?
- Which factors make people (potential buyers) spend a lot of money on shopping?
- How can a mobile app become popular in one week?
- Effects if having no rest in summer
- Coke and Pepsi: Their influence on our health
- Causes that explain why children behaving the way they do and some of the common effects
Compare and contrast essay topics for 6th grade
A compare & contrast essay is similar to cause & effect. Look at the list of possible compare & contrast topics.
- Vegetarians vs non-vegetarians: The effects of war
- Choosing between studying French and studying Spanish
- Various approaches to completing homework assignments
- Democracy or dictatorship: Decision in the better option
- What makes college different from the university?
- How is the culture of the United Kingdom different from the culture of the United States?
- Ancient Rome & Ancient Greece: Their role in history
- The impact of Renaissance and Baroque on modern architecture
- Newton’s ideas of gravity and the ideas offered by Einstein: The way both scientists changed the world
- Choosing between the 5-star and 3-star hotels in Mexico
Have you chosen one of the difficult or easy causes and effect essay topics offered on the list? The next step is writing a draft. It may take some time to conduct research, choose the most credible sources, pick the best ideas, and come up with a powerful essay thesis. Is there a way to overcome troubles with homework? Yes, and the solution is in front of you: just click on the button below to move to the official website of talented, qualified writers and editors who specialize in more than 80 academic subjects. Make your first step on the way to excellent cause-&-effect essay!